February 21, 2013

A time to start again ...

For the Lord your God is a merciful God; He will not fail you or destroy you or forget the covenant of your fathers, which He swore to them. Deuteronomy 4:31

I was asked the other day 'What is your favorite thing about God ?' My answer: "His Mercy"  I am in awe of His mercy and grace towards me.

I set out on this journey to read His word in one year. Did it happen ? No.  I had such grand intentions and then I got caught up in life. So much so that I'm the one who moved from Him. He however never stopped reaching out. I have seen His hand in my world in so many little  and large ways. It's as though He's been whispering to me: "Beloved where are you ?"

I have looked at this project and felt disappointment in myself for not completing what I started last year and this disappointment in turn lead to apathy to even pick up and move forward until today when I read this statement:  You are not a failure when you fall down you are only a failure when you do not get back up. It's so true. I NEED to be back here spending time with my Heavenly Father's word learning about His story in History.

Long story short: I'm back! This time however I'm going to take my time to savor His words to my heart and enjoy exploring what's happened and the things He has for me to learn.

May you be Blessed as you come on this journey with me.

Blessings
Chareen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...