October 01, 2012

273 - Malachi's prophecy

Kathleen's thoughts

Nehemiah 12: 23-31
Malachi 1-14, 2: 1-16, 3: 1-18, 4: 1-6

Intermarriage rebuked
Priesthood cleansed So I purified them from everything foreign and assigned specific duties to each of the priests and Levites. I also arranged for the donation of wood at the appointed times and for the first fruits.
Remember me, my God with favour.

The Lord's love for Israel

The Lord reprimands the priests A son honour his father, and a servant his master. But if I am father, where is My honour? And if I am a master, where is your fear of Me? says the Lord of Hosts to you priests, who despise My name.
For My name will be great among the nations, from the rising of the sun to its setting. Incense and pure offerings will be presented in My name in every place because My name will be great among the nations, says the Lord of Hosts.
For I am a great King, says the  Lord of Hosts, and My name will be feared among the nations.

Then you will know that I sent you this decree so My covenant with Levi may continue, says the Lord of Hosts.
My covenant with him was one of life and peace, and I gave these to him; it called for reverence, and he revered Me and stood in awe of My name.
True instruction was in his mouth, and nothing wrong was found on his lips, He walked with Me in peace and fairness and turned many from sin. For the lips of a priest should guard knowledge, and people should see instruction from his youth, because he is the messenger of the Lord of Hosts.

The people's unfaithfulness Don't all of us have one Father? Didn't one God create us.? Why then do we act treacherously against one another, profaning the covenant of our Fathers?
Yet you ask, For what reason? Because the Lord has been a witness between you and the wife of your youth. You have acted treacherously against her, though she was your marriage partner and your wife by covenant. Didn't the one God make us with a remnant of His life-breath? And what do the One seek. A godly offspring. So watch yourselves carefully, and do not act treacherously against the wife of your youth.
If he hates and divorces his wife, says the Lord God of Israel, He covers his garment with injustice, says the Lord of Hosts. Therefore,watch yourselves carefully, and do not act treacherously.

The Lord will judge His people See I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way before Me, Then the Lord you seek will suddenly come to His temple, the Messenger of the covenant you desire- see, He is coming, says the Lord of Hosts. But who can endure the day of is coming? And who will be able to stand when He appears. For He will be like a refiners fire and like cleansing lye. He will be like a refiner and purifier of silver, He will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver.
and the offerings of Judah and Jerusalem will please the Lord as in days of old and years gone by.
I will come to you in judgment, and I will be ready to witness against sorcerers and adulterers; against those who swear falsely; against those who oppress the widow and the fatherless, and cheat the wage earner; and against those who deny justice to the foreigner, They do not fear Me, says the Lord of Hosts.

The payment of tithes Since the days of your fathers, you have turned from My statutes; you have not kept them. Return to Me, and I will return to you says the Lord of Hosts.
Bring the full 10 percent into the storehouse so that there may be food in My house. Test Me in this way. says the Lord of Hosts. See if I will not open the floodgates of heaven and pour out a blessing for you without measure.

God's promise of mercy At that time those who feared the Lord spoke to one another. The Lord took notice and listened. So a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who feared Yahweh and had high regard for His name. They will be Mine, says the Lord of Hosts

Greece the world power 333-63 BC

Coming day of the Lord. Remember the instructions of Moses My servant, the statutes and ordinances. I commanded him at Horeb for all Israel. Look, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome Day of Te Lord comes. And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers. Otherwise, I will come and strike the land with a curse.

Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, because it is written; Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree. The purpose was that the blessing of Abraham would come to the Gentiles in Christ Jesus. Gal. 3: 12-14

Blessings
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...