September 30, 2012

271 - The Law of the Lord

Kathleen's thoughts

Psalm 148: 1-14, 149: 1-9, 119: 1-80
Nehemiah 44-47, 13: 1-3

A call to praise God Let them praise the name of the Lord, for His name alone is exalted. His majesty covers heaven and earth. He has raised up a horn for His people. praise from all hIs godly ones, from the Israelites, the people close to Him. Hallelujah!

Hymns of praise Let them praise His name with dancing and make music to HIm with Tambouringe and lyre. For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He adorns the humble with salvation. Let the godly celebrate in triumphal glory;;let them shout for joy. Let the exaltation of God be in their mouths and a two edged sword in their hands.

Tabiah expelled from the temple He was given a room where they had previously stored the grain offerings, the frankincense, the articles, and the tenths of grain. new wine, and oil prescribed for the Levites singers, and gatekeepers, along with the contributions for the priests.

Temple order restored I was gretly displeased and threw all of Tobiah's household possessions out of the room. I ordered that the rooms be purified, and I had the articles of the house of God restored there, along with the grain offiering and frankincenses.

Separation from foreigners
The law of the Lord How happy are those whose way is blameless, who live according to the law of the Lord! Happy are those who keep h=His decrees and seek Him with all their heart.

obedience to God's law How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping Your word. I have sought You with all my heart; don't let me wander from Your commands.
I have treasured your word in my heart. so that I may not sin against You.
Lord, may You be praised; teach me Your statutes With my lips I proclaim all the judgments from Your mouth.
I will meditate on Your precepts and think about Your ways. I will delight in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word.

Determination to obey My life is down in the dust; give me life through Your word.

A prayer for understanding Teach me, Lord the meaning of Your statutes. And I wil always keep them. Help me understand Your instruction, and I will obey it and follow it with all my heart.

Trusting God's law Remember Your word to Your servant' You have given me hope through it. This is my comfort in my afflicting; Your promise has given me life.

Devotion to God's law Lord, the earth is filled with Your faithful love; teach me Your statutes.

The value and justice of God's law Instruction from Your lips is better for me than thousands of gold and silver pieces.
May Your compassion come to me so that I may live, for Your instruction is my delight.

For Thought and contemplation
Revival could not come to Israel while Tobiah was living in the Temple. A Tobiah in God's House is like having the devil in the church vestry. Would to God we had men in the Church today who would follow Nehemiah's example, and expel from the midst of God's people all those things which are not of Him.

Jesus overturned the money changers' tables and the chairs of those selling doves. And He said to them. "It is written, "My house will be called a house of prayer" But you are making it a den of robbers!" Matthew 21: 12-13

Blessings
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...