September 25, 2012

268 - Rebuilding programme completed.

Kathleen's thoughts

Nehemiah 5: 15-19, 6: 1-19, 7: 1-4, 11: 1-9
1 Chronicles 9: 2-34

Nehemiah's unselfishness Each day, one ox, six choice sheep, and some fowl were prepared for me. An abundance of all kinds of wine was provided every 10 days. But I didn't demand the food allotted to the governor, because the burden on the people was so heavy.
Remember me favorably, my God, for all that I have done for this people.

Plots against Nehemiah Come let's meet together in the villages of the Ono Valley. But they were planning to harm me.

I Went to the house of Shemaiah son of delaiah, son Mehetabel, who was restricted to his house. He said;
Let us meet at the house of god inside the temple. Let us shut the temple doors because they are coming to kill you. They are coming to kill you tonight!

I realized that God had not sent him, because of the prophecy he spoke against me.

My God, remember Tobiah and Sanballat for what they have done, and also Noadiah,the prophetess and the other prophets who wanted to intimidate me.

Rebuilding completed The wall was completed in 52 days, on the twenty-fifth day of the month elul. When all our enemies heard this, all the surrounding nations were intimidated and lost their confidence, for they realized that this task had been accomplished by our God.

Hananian Hananiah to protect Jerusalem When the wall had been rebuilt and I had the doors installed, the gatekeepers, singers, and Levites were appointed. Then I put my brother Hanani in charge of Jerusalem, along with Hananiah, commander of the fortress, because he was faithful man who feared God more than most.

The first return
The priests
The Levites

The Gate Keepers The total number of those chosen to be gatekeepers at the thresholds was 212.
They were registered by genealogy in their villages. David and Samuel the seer had appointed them to their trusted positions.
So they and their sons were assigned to the gates of the Lord's house, the house of the tent.

Other tasks of the Levites
The inhabitants of Jerusalem The people praised all the men who volunteered to live in Jerusalem.

Now as we have many parts in one body, and all the parts do not have the same function, in the same way Christ and individually members of one another. According to the grace given to us, we have different gifts. Romans 12: 4-6

We need to realize that we do all have different gifts, we cannot compare ourselves to others who at times seem to have it all, but they don't. God clearly states in this scripture that we are unique in our own ways and we compliment each other to function in unity.

Blessings
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...