September 17, 2012

261 - His Glorious Day

Chareen's Thoughts
I have been getting further and further behind in my daily reading plan and the further behind I became the more overwhelmed I was feeling about catching up.  It's hundreds of pages now.  In fact it was so bad that I had emotionally given up on this reading plan.  I have done it before but reading and blogging my way through is a lot harder than I ever imagined it would be.  It takes a lot of time and effort.  This past weekend as I was thinking of giving up I felt this verse rise up in my spirit.
...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, Philippians 3:13
So I am here picking myself up dusting myself down and moving forward from today.  Today is a new day.  I will catch up as I am able.
Zechariah

  • Today I start back in the book of Zechariah
  • Ask of the Lord rain in the time of the latter or spring rain. It is the Lord Who makes lightnings which usher in the rain and give men showers, and grass to everyone in the field. 2 For the teraphim (household idols) have spoken vanity (emptiness, falsity, and futility) and the diviners have seen a lie and the dreamers have told false dreams; they comfort in vain. Therefore the people go their way like sheep; they are afflicted and hurt because there is no shepherd. Zechariah 10:1-2 
  • Chapter ten is about the Lord's promised deliverance.
  • And I will strengthen [Israel] in the Lord, and they shall walk up and down and glory in His name, says the Lord. Zechariah 10:12
  • He speaks of destruction to come and shepherding two flocks.  
  • So I [Zechariah] shepherded the flock of slaughter, truly [as the name implies] the most miserable of sheep. And I took two [shepherd’s] staffs, the one I called Beauty or Grace and the other I called Bands or Union; and I fed and shepherded the flock. Zechariah 11:7 
  • They paid Zechariah 30 pieces of silver which he returned to the Lords house. 13 And the Lord said to me, Cast it to the potter [as if He said, To the dogs!]—the munificently [miserable] sum at which I [and My shepherd] am priced by them! And I [Zechariah] took the thirty pieces of silver and cast them to the potter in the house of the Lord. Zechariah 11:12-13
    When Judas, His betrayer, saw that [Jesus] was condemned, [Judas was [a]afflicted in mind and troubled for his former folly; and] with remorse [with little more than a selfish dread of the consequences] he brought back the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and the elders, ... Matthew 27:2-4
  • He speaks about punishing Israels enemies, Israel's cleansing, the nations and Israel's restoration.
  • And I will pour out upon the house of David and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace or unmerited favor and supplication. And they shall look [earnestly] upon Me Whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for Him as one who is in bitterness for his firstborn. Zechariah 12:10 Wow what an amazing prophecy.

Zechariah Chapter 14 is an amazing prophecy of the coming of our Lord.  How He will reign over all the earth. Take some time to read and see the picture of His glorious day.
Blessings
Chareen


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...