August 10, 2012

222 - Ezekiel's vision.

Kathleen's thoughts

Jeremiah 28: 1-17, 51:59
Ezekiel 1:1-28, 2: 1-10, 3: 1-9

Hananiah's false prophesy This is what the Lords of Hosts, and the God of Israel, says. "I have broken the yoke of the king of Babylon. Within two years I will restore to this place all the articles of the Lord's temple that Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon took from here and transported to Babylon. And I will restore to this place Jeconiah son of Jehoiakim, king of Judah, and all the exiles from Judah who went to Babylon - And I will restore to this place Jeconiah son of Jehoiakim, king of Judah, and all the exiles from Judah who went to Babylon this is the Lord's declaration - for I will brake the yoke of the king of Babylon.

However...
 The Lord spoke to Jeremiah and told him that it is a lie and false prophesy.

The prophet Jeremiah said to the prophet Hananiah, "Liesten, Hananiah. The Lord did not send you, but you have led these people to trust in a lie. Therefore, this is what the Lord says, I am about to send you off the face of the earth. You will die this year because you have spoken rebellion against the Lord.

His death The prophet Hananiah died that year in the seventh month.

Seraiah and Zedekiah visit Babylon

Ezekiel preparation In the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, on the fifth day of the month, while I was among the exiles by the Chebar Canal, the heavens opened and I saw visions of God.

His vision of God imagine standing and seeing this vision which is in Ezekiel 1: 2-14 The beauty of visions of God. The form of the living creatures was like the appearance of burning coals of fire and torches. Fire was moving back and forth between the living creatures; it was bright, with lightning coming out of it. The creatures were darting back and forth like flashes of lightening.

The Four wheels Wherever the Spirit wanted to go, the creatures went in the direction the Spirit was moving The wheels rose alongside them, for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. When the creatures moved, the wheels moved; when the creatures stood still the wheels stood still; and when the creatures rose from the earth, the wheels rose alongside them, for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

God's throne This is awesome... The shape of an expanse, with a gleam like awe-inspiring crystal, was spread out over the heads of the living creatures. And under the expanse their wings extended one toward another. each of them also had two wings covering their bodies. When the moved, I heard the sound of their wings liked he roar of mighty waters, like the voice of the Almighty, and a sound of commotion like the noise of an army. When they stood still, they lowered their wings.
A voice came from above the expanse over their heads; when they stood still, they lowered their wings. The shape of a throne with the appearance of sapphire stone was above the expanse. There was a form with the appearance of a human on the throne high above. From what seemed to be His waist up, I saw a gleam like amber, with what looked like fire enclosing it all around. From what seemed to be His waist down, I also saw what looked like fire. There was a brilliant light all around Him. The appearance of the  brilliant light all around was like that of a rainbow in a cloud on a rainy day. This was the appearance of the form of the Lord's glory. When I saw it, I fell face down and heard a voice speaking.

Ezekiel filled with the Spirit God speaks to Ezekiel... Son of man, stand up on your feet and I will speak with you. As He spoke to me, the spirit entered me and set me on my feet, and i listened to the one who was speaking to me.

Ezekiel's commission as prophet And you, son of man, listen to what I tell you; Do not be rebellious like that rebellious house. Open your mouth and eat what I am giving you. so I looked and saw a hand reaching out to me, and there was a written scroll in it. When He unrolled it before me, It was written on the front and back; words of lamentation, mourning and woe were written on it.

He said to me; Son of man, eat what you find here. Eat this scroll then go and speak to the house of Israel. So I opened my mouth, and He fed me the scroll. Son of Man, he said to me "eat and fill your stomach with this scroll I am giving you. So I ate it, and it was as sweet as honey in my mouth.

He then told Ezekiel to go to the house of Israel and not to be afraid of them.
I have made your forehead like a diamond, harder than flint, Don't be afraid of them or discouraged by the look on their faces, even though they are a rebellious house.

I enjoyed this reading today May the Lord bless you.
Blessings. 
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...