August 08, 2012

221 - Israel's bright future.

Kathleen's thoughts

Jeremiah 29: 15, 20, 21-32, 30: 1-24, 31: 1-40

Jeremiah's letter to the exiles Hear the word of the Lord, all you exiles I have sent from Jerusalem to Babylon. You have said, The Lord has raised up prophets for us in Babylon.

Message to Shemaiah
Shemaiah's punishment Send a message to all the exiles, saying; This is what the Lord says concerning Zshemaiah the Nehelamite. Because SHemaiah prophesied to you though I did not send him and made you trust a lie. This is what the Lord says. I am about to punish Shemaiah and his descendants.

coming trouble The word of the Lord came to Jeremiah Write down on a scroll all the words that I have spoken to you for the days are certainly coming. When I will restore the fortunes of My people Israel and Judah.

The Lord's promises  They will serve the Lord their God and I will raise up David their king for them
I will certainly restore the fortunes of Jacob's tents and show compassion on his dwellings. Every city will be rebuilt on its mound every citadel will stand on its proper site. Thanksgiving will come out of the a sound of celebration.
You will be My people and I will be your God.

Future restoration
Israel's return home
I have loved you with an everlasting love.therefore, I have continued to extend faithful love to you.
The One who scattered Israel will gather him. He will watch over him as a shepherd guards his flock.

The Lord's mercy
Future prosperity

God's new covenant with Israel I will place My law within them and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be My people. No longer will one teach his neighbour or his brother, saying; Know the Lord, for they will all know Me, from the least to the greatest of them. The Lord's declaration and never again remember their sin.

His everlasting mercy Look the days are coming - the Lord's declaration - when the city from the Tower of Hananel to the Corner Gate will be rebuilt for the Lord. A measuring line will once again stretch out straight to the hill of Gareb and then turn toward Goah. The whole valley the corpses, the ashes, and all the fields as far as the Kidron valley to the corner of the Horse gate to the east - will be Holy to the Lord. It will never be uprooted or demolished again.

Restore the joy of Your salvation to me, and give me a willing spirit. Then I will teach the rebellious Your ways'; and sinners will return to you. Psalm 51; 12-13

Blessings
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...