August 04, 2012

216 - Punishment for sin

Kathleen's thoughts

Jeremiah 14: 13-22, 15: 1-21, 16: 1-21, 17: 1-13

False prophets...But the Lord said to me, These prophets are prophesying a lie in My name. I did not send them nor did I command them or speak to them. They are prophesying to you a false vision, worthless divination, the deceit of their own minds.

The Peoples plea.. Remember your covenant with us; do not break it. Are You not the Lord our God/ We therefore put our hope in You, for You have done all these things.


The destruction of the wicked The Lord said...Send them from my presence, and let them go. If they ask you; Where will we go/ You must tell them; This is what the Lord says;
Those destined for death, to death;
Those destined for the sword, to the sword.
Those destined for famine, to famine;
Those destined for captivity, to captivity.

Jeremiah's complaint Woe is me, my mother, that you gave birth to me, a man who incites dispute and conflict in all the land. I did not led or borrow, yet everyone curses me.
The Lord said;
Assuredly, I will set you free and care for you. Assuredly, I will intercede for you in a time of trouble, in your time of distress, with the enemy.

The Lord's reply (Love this) Therefore, this is what the Lord says;
If you return, I will restore you; you will stand in My presence.
And if you speak noble words, rather than worthless ones, you will be My spokesman.
It is they who must return to you; you must not return to them.
Then I will make you a fortified wall of bronze to this people.
They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you,To save you and deliver you.
This is the Lords declaration.
I will deliver you from the power of evil people and redeem you from the control of the ruthless.

The Lord's will for Jeremiah The word of the Lord came to me; You must not marry or have sons or daughters in this place. For this is what the Lord says concerning sons and daughters born n this place as well as concerning the mothers who bear them and the fathers who father them in this land; They will die from deadly diseases They will not be mourned or buried but will be like manure on the face of the earth.

Return from exile prophesied Why has the Lord declared all this great disaster against us. What is our guilt? Then you will answer them. Because your fathers abandoned Me; the Lord's declaration - and followed other gods and worshipped them.
However, take note! The days are coming - the Lord's declaration when it will no longer be said; As the Lord lives who brought the Israelites from the land of Egypt, but rather; As the Lord lives who brought the Israelites from the land of the north and from all the other lands where He had banished them. For I will return them to their land that I gave to their ancestors.

The coming punishment I will first repay them double for their guilt and sin because they have polluted My land. They have filled My inheritance with the lifelessness of their detestable and abhorrent idols.

Jeremiah's prayer For these people.


The sin and punishment of Judah You will, of yourself, relinquish your inheritance that I gave you. I will make you serve your enemies in a land you do not know for you have set My anger on fire; it will burn forever

This is what the Lord says;
Cursed is the man who trusts in man kind, who makes human flesh his strength and turns his heart from the Lord.
He will be like a juniper in the Arabah; he cannot see when good comes but dwells in the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land where no one lives
Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence indeed is the Lord.
He will be like a tree planted by water;
it sends its roots out toward a stream,
it doesn't fear when heat comes, and its foliage remains Green.
It will not worry in a year of drought or cease producing fruit.
The heart is more deceitful than anything else and desperately sick - who can understand it?
I the Lord, examine the mind, I test the heart to give to each according to his way, according to what his actions deserve.
He who makes a fortune unjustly is like a partridge that hatches eggs it didn't lay
In the middle of his days his riches will abandon him, so in the end he will be a fool
A throne of glory on high from the beginning is the place of our sanctuary,
Lord, the hope of Israel all who abandon You will be put to shame.
All who turn away from Me will be written in the dirt, for they have abandoned the fountain of living water the Lord.

Psalm 51;10 God create a clean heart for me and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Blessings
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...