July 25, 2012

201 - Hezekiah's prayer answered

Kathleen's thoughts

First I wish to apologize for falling behind in the daily readings of God's word. Chareen and I have been rather stressed over the last couple of days with much on our plate and much prayer has and is still needed in our daily lives. Our walk with God has not wavered as He holds our hand and is the lifter of our heads.


2 Chronicles 32: 17,20 Sennacharib mocks the Lord God of Israel

2 Kings 19: 8-34 Rabshakeh said...Say this to Hezekiah king of Judah; Don't let your God, whom you trust deceive you by saying that Jerusalem won't be handed over to the king of Assyria. Hezekiah took the letter from the hand of the messengers, read it, then went up to the Lord's temple and spread it out before the Lord. Then King Hezekiah and the prophet Isaiah son of Amoz prayed about this and cried out to heaven.
27. But I know your sitting down, your going out and your coming in, and your raging against Me.


Isaiah 37: 8-35 Then  Isaiah son of Amoz sent a message to Hezekiah; The Lord, the God of Israel says; I have heard your prayer to Me about Sennacherib King of Assyria.


Psalm 73: 1-28. Yet I am always with You; You hold my right hand. You guide me with our counsel, and afterwards You will take me up in glory. Whom do I have in heaven but You? And I desire nothing on earth but You. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart, my portion forever. Those far from You will certainly perish; You destroy all who are
unfaithful to You. But as for me, God's presence is my good. I have made the Lord God my refuge, so I can tell about all You do.




Hezekiah's prayer. Lord of Hosts, God of Israel, who is enthroned above the cherubim, You are God You alone - of all the kingdoms of the earth. You made the heavens and the earth. Listen closely, Lord, and hear; open Your eyes, Lord, and see; heart all the words that Sennacherib has sent to mock the living God. Lord, it is true that the kings of Assyria have devastated all these countries and their lands., and have thrown their gods into the fire; for they were not gods but made by human hands - wood and stone. So they have destroyed them. Now , Lord our God, save us from his hand so that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that You are the Lord - You alone."

God answers the prayers. Therefore this is what the Lord says about the king of Assyria; He will not enter this city or shoot and arrow there or come before it with a shield or build up an assault ramp against it. He will go back on the road that he came and he will not enter this city This is the Lord's declaration.
I will defend this city and rescue it,k because of Me and because of My servant David.

James: 4:8 Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.

Blessings
Kathleen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...