July 09, 2012

191 - Israel's God's witness.

Kathleen's thoughts

Isaiah 42: 1-25 / 43: 1-28 / 44: 1 - 28.

I cross stitched this and presented it to the
Church of the Nazarene Christchurch
New Zealand on the day it re-opened it's doors
December 2004
The chapters read today  are about :
The Lords servant
A song of praise
God promises His help
Israel's failure to learn
God's promised rescue
Israel is God's witness
Escape from Babylon
Israel's sin
The only God
Idolatry ridiculed
The creator and Saviour

There are many many verses that stood out for me today as I read. Over the years I have read them and heard them as well as preachers preach them. So they stood out quite a bit especially scriptures referring to them.
44: 3 For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out My Spirit on your descendants and My blessing on your offspring.

43: 25 It is I who sweep away your transgressions for My own sake and remember your sins no more.


43: 10-10 You are My witnesses, says the Lord, and My servant whom I have chosen, that you may know Me, believe Me and remain steadfast to Me. And understand that I am He, Before Me there was no God formed., neither shall there be after Me.
The amplified Bible KJ

43:11-13 I even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Saviour...I have declared and have saved and I have shown (that I am God) when there was no strange and alien god among you;p therefore you are My witnesses, says the Lord, that I am God...Yes, from the time of the first existence of day and from this day forth I am He; and there is no one who can deliver out of My hand. I will work and who can hinder or reverse it?
The amplified bible. KJ.

44: 6 Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts; I am the First and I am the Last, besides Me there is no God. (Rev 1: 17; 2: 8, 22: 13)
The Amplified bible KJ.

Blessings
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...