April 24, 2012

114 - David gives thanks and praises before the Lol

Kathleen's thoughts
1 Chronicles 16: 4-43 This chapter speaks of hymns of praise prepared and sung

Then in chapter 17: 1-2 David had settled into his palace, he said to Nathan the prophet, "look I am living in a cedar house while the ark of the Lord's covenant is under tent curtains" So Nathan told David " Do all that is on your heart, for God is with you.
That is also found in 2 Samuel 7: 1-3

2 Samuel 7; 4-17 God covenant with David. That night the Lord spoke to Nathan the prophet and said that he has lived from place to place in a tent and never once have I asked you to build me a house. Nathan was commissioned to tell King David this. The Lord declares to you; The Lord Himself will make a house for you, When your time comes and you rest with your fathers, I will raise up after you your descendants who will come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. He will build a house for My name and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. And so Nathan spoke all these words and this entire vision to David.

When David returned home Michal confronted David by saying he is a disgrace the way he behaved dancing in the streets before the slave girls like a vulgar person would expose himself. His reply was "I was dancing before the Lord who chose me over your father and his whole family to  appoint me ruler over the Lord's people Israel. I will celebrate before the Lord, and I will humble myself even more and humiliate myself. I will be honoured by the slave girls you spoke about" And Saul's daughter Michal had no child to the day of her death.

Psalms 105 & 98 God and His people.
David's Psalms are so beautiful especially the praise and worship ones. Do read them.

Blessings
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...