April 13, 2012

103 - Psalms of praise and thanks giving. By David.

Kathleen's thoughts

1 Samuel 20,21
Psalms 26: 1-1,2 34: 1-22, 56, 1-13

Jonathan's loyalty and love for David is shown in these two chapters. Saul even tried to kill Jonathan for standing by David and Jonathan saves David by sending him away after making a covenant with David 1 Samuel 20: 14 If I continue to live, treat me with the Lord's faithful love, but if I die 15 Don't ever withdraw your faithful love from my household - not even when the Lord cuts off every one of David's enemies from the face of the earth's 16 The Jonathan made a covenant with the house of David, saying, "May the Lord hold David's enemies accountable" 1o7o Jonathan once again swore to David in his love for him, because he loved him as he loved himself.

David writes the most beautiful Psalms and some favourite verses are...
Psalm 26: 2 Test me, Lord, and try me; examine my heart and mind 3. For Your faithful love is before my eyes, and I love by Your truth.
Psalm 34: 1 I will praise the Lord at all times; His praise will always be on my lips. 7. The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him and rescues them. 18. The Lord is near the brokenhearted; He saves those crushed in spirit.
Psalm 56: 3 When I am afraid, I will trust in You, 4. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not fear. What can man do to me.? 8 You Yourself have recorded my wanderings. put my tears in Your bottle. Are they not in Your retreat. 10. In God, whose word I praise, in the Lord, whose word I praise. 11 In God I trust; I will not fear. What can man do to me?

Blessings
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...