April 12, 2012

103 - A committed Friendship

The escape of David through the window
Gustave Dore - 1866
Chareen's Thoughts
  • Jonathan and David arrange a secret code to let David know if it's safe to return.
  • David's absence is noticed and Saul becomes angry. Jonathan now knows that Saul is determined to kill David.
  • As per their arrangement Jonathan gave David the sign that Saul is determined to kill him.  The two meet and a pledge is made between them
  • David then prays for vindication Psalm 26
  • David then flees to Ahimelech who is frightened of him but gives him bread and Goliaths sword.
  • David writes a song of God's goodness Psalm 34
  • Then he prays to God and declares his trust in the Lord Psalm 56
As I read this story I was touched by how deeply commited to each other David and Jonathan were.  It made me think about friendships today. I realised that friendships today have become very shallow and empty in comparison.  The passion with which they lived their friendship is definately one to emulate.

Blessings
Chareen
I WILL bless the Lord at all times; 
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My life makes its boast in the Lord; 
let the humble and afflicted hear and be glad.
O magnify the Lord with me, 
and let us exalt His name together
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...