March 30, 2012

90 - you mighty man of [fearless] courage

Jael Shows to Barak, Sisera Lying dead.
James Tissot 1896
Chareen's Thoughts.

Today I enjoyed reading about the calling of Gideon.  I often picture him as this courageous man of God to aspire to and yet as I read today I read about a man who is fearful (but because he was too afraid of his father's household and the men of the city to do it by day, he did it by night. Judges 6:27).
A man who is hiding and yet God says:  ..., you mighty man of [fearless] courage. Judges 6:12  This is a  man who doubts himself and his calling and I am encouraged.  Encouraged that the Lord uses real people who love Him to lead His people to freedom. 

I pray He would encourage you and speak words of wisdom to you today.  May you be blessed as you walk with Him.

Elsewhere on the web:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...