March 28, 2012

88 - Benjaminites defeated by the sword.

Amazon, Koorong, Word and Fishpond.
Kathleen's thoughts


Judges 20... And so the Benjaminites are defeated by the sword as the Lord had promised to the Israelites but not until the 3rd day and the loss of 40,000 Israelites. But the Israelites came before the Lord and asked for guidance and the Lord said he would deliver them and this happened. Gods word is true and just.
All the Benjaminities that died that day were 25,000 and 600 men escaped into the wilderness to the rock of Rimmon. They killed everything that remained and burnt the city down.
Judges 21 is the mourning for the Menjaminites and trying to find wives for the 600 men but at the same time also the Israelites swore not to allow their woman to be their wives .

Judges 4: 1-3 Again the Israelites fell into sin after Ehud had died and the Israelites cried out to the Lord because Jabin harshly oppressed them for 20 years.

Ruth 1. There was a great famine in the land and so Elimelech and his wife Naomi with their 2 sons who were Ephrathites left Bethlehem in Judah. The names of the 2 sons were Mahlon and Chilion and settled in the land of Moab. When the sons were older they took to each of them Moabite women as their wives Orpah and Ruth. They lived there for about 10 years then Naomi's husband and 2 sons died. Naomi decided to return back to Bethlehem and her 2 daughter-in-laws with her and half way she told them to return to their mothers Orpah went back and Ruth remained with her mother-in-law. and these are her words

Ruth 1:16-17 Do not persuade me to leave you or go back and not follow you. For wherever you go,I will go and wherever you live, I will live; your people will be my people and your God will be my God. Where you die, I will die and there I Will be buried. May the Lord do this to me, and even more, if anything but death separates you and me.

And so Ruth goes with Naomi and they arrive to a warm welcome in Bethlehem and it's here that Naomi changes her name from Naomi to Mara She answered For the Almighty has made me very bitter. I left full but the Lord has brought me back empty.
They arrived at the beginning of the barley harvest.


One of my favourite chapters in the Bible what a virtuous woman. Her inner beauty and kindness towards her mother-in-law has touched my life. She became the G Grandmother King David The book of Ruth one can see how God has cared for this one woman because of her faithfulness towards Naomi.

A wonderful verse to remember from this book is this "Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God" Ruth 1:16

Blessings
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...