January 02, 2012

2 - Tents, Tools and Music


Chareen's Thoughts

 I love how the word speaks about the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden at the time of the evening breeze. (Genesis 3:8) Can you imagine hearing Him walking with you ?

It amazes me that God sacrificed animals to clothe Adam and Eve before He banished them from the garden. (Genesis 3:21) He told them the consequence of their sin and then he cared for them.

After the fall and people are banished from the Garden of Eden, I noticed that God still walked and talked to people and then a few verses down in the middle of the genealogy suddenly this verse appears: Genesis 4:26  And to Seth also a son was born, whom he named Enosh. At that time men began to call [upon God] by the name of the Lord. I wonder why ?  There is no explanation just this statement. I wonder what the significance is ?

When I was in school and we did history we were taught the evolutionary way of thinking cave man, stone age etc.  A few years ago I was introduced to Answers in Genesis and watched a video series by the same name. I came to realize just how much information God has placed in Genesis. I was challenged in faith to evaluate just how strong I thought God was and just how complete had He made the world around me. One of the things that Ken Ham spoke about was the advent of domestication of cattle, the move from cave to tents and musical instruments. He helped me take note of these couple of versus which really helped me realize that people did NOT evolve and grow in knowledge but knowledge is given by God. Genesis 4: 20-22 20 Adah bore Jabal; he was the father of those who dwell in tents and have cattle and purchase possessions. 21His brother's name was Jubal; he was the father of all those who play the lyre and pipe.  22Zillah bore Tubal-cain; he was the forger of all [cutting] instruments of bronze and iron. The sister of Tubal-cain was Naamah.This verse tells me that different family lines passed on knowledge in very specific complicated crafts.

There are three who did not die in God's word but were taken into the presence of the Lord and the first of these is Enoch. Today when I read about his life I thought wow imagine being known as someone who walked with God and then was no more, because God took you. Genesis 5: 23-24 in the Amplified puts it this way: 23So all the days of Enoch were 365 years.24And Enoch walked [in habitual fellowship] with God; and he was not, for God took him [home with Him]. The second thing I noticed was his age. 365 and my thoughts were wow that's how many days we have in one year and I could see a parallel of how God wants me to walk daily with Him.

blessings
Chareen

What insights did you have as you traveled back in time to the foundations of our world and the beginning of history?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...