January 07, 2012

7 - Are your words empty ?

Chareen's Thoughts:
As I read through Job I am reminded how we limit God and how much we forget that He is in control. Job knew and understood this intimately: Since man's days are determined and the number of his months depends on You, an since You have set limits he cannot pass, Job 14:5


I would encourage you with my mouth, and the consolation from my lips would bring relief. Job 16:5 As I read this scripture I was challenged by a man in total grief and despair about the way in which I support or encourage those in my sphere of influence. Am I there for my friends? Do I encourage ? Do I bring relief with my words ?  Do I hear their hearts or do I judge a situation before I fully understand ? Am I a balm and a comfort or am I in Job's words: ...You are all miserable comforters. Is there no end to your empty words ? Job 16:3 Are my words empty ? Filled with despair ? or are they words that comfort and bring life. Yes I have much to meditate on today.

This scripture jumped at me: I wish that someone might arbitrate between a man and God Job 16:21 I have been thinking about Jobs cry to the Lord and I realise that God answered Job's question/cry to Him. In Hebrews 4:14 it says we have Jesus: Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven,[a] Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. The role of the High Priest is to mediate for us with God. In fact it says a similar thing in Hebrews 6:20 and Hebrews 3:1.

Blessings
Chareen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...