January 24, 2012

24 - Do not argue on the way

Joseph reunited with his family.

Then Joseph said to his brothers, "Please come near me,' and they came near. "I am Joseph, your brother," he said, "the one you sold into Egypt. And now don't be worried or angry with yourselves for selling me here, because God sent me ahead of you to preserve life. Genesis 45:4-5
Therefore it was not you who sent me here but God. Genesis 45:8




Chareen's Thoughts:
  • What is it with the members of Jacobs family declaring death upon a thief ?  First Isaac declares death to Rebecca and now the brothers over a silver cup ! Genesis 44:9
  • Genesis 45:20 Do not be concerned about your belongings, for the best of all the land of Egypt is yours. The Israelite s arrived receiving the best of the land and departed with the best of the land.  
  • 70 people arrived in Egypt. 70 in the house of Israel! Genesis 46:27
  • Genesis 45:24 "Don't argue on the way." A very interesting parting instruction from Joseph.
  • Genesis 48:1-21 How interesting that when Jacob (Israel) prays a blessing over Joseph's two sons the younger is given a greater blessing / prophesy than the older.  Once again history is repeated. It happened between Jacob and Esau and now between Manasseh and Ephraim.  The way of our Lord is not our ways. Holy is His name.
This week I have really had on my heart about arguing and contention and strife.  As I read today's reading I really felt I need to take Genesis 45:24 and add it to my keys.
"Don't argue on the way."
For where two walk in agreement the Lord commands a blessing Psalm 133:1-3
Blessings
Chareen
 
For Further Reading:
Why were shepherds detestable to the Egyptians ? over at Ferrell's Travel Blog.
Those Who Know by Rabbi Labbel Lam
Parsha Q&A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...