January 16, 2012

16 - The older will serve the younger

Rebecca and Eliezer by Bartolomé Esteban Perez Murillo
Not many thoughts today.  I did not realize that Isaac was 40 years old when he married Rebecca. (Genesis 25:20) and they were married for nearly 20 years before she conceived and bore the twins Esau and Jacob. (Genesis 25:26). I found the wording in this verse intriguing.Genesis 25:24 When her time came to give birth, there were indeed twins in her womb.
Genesis 25:23 When I read the Lords response to Rebecca's inquiry I am reminded that nothing is a surprise to Him.  Sometimes I forget how sovereign He truly is and just how much He knows. How often have I read the story of Esau and Isaac and the sale of a birthright to be surprised by the actions of these two brothers and yet it was foretold to their mother while she still carried them in her womb.

Blessings

Chareen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...